in 3 months, 2 weeks, 0 days
Scramble formats are probably the most enjoyable type of tournament play because only the best shots are played at each hole. All players tee off and from that drive, the best ball is selected. All players hit their next shots from that point and the best ball is again selected. The process is repeated until the ball is “holed out” with a 2-putt limit. In each foursome, they must select at least two drives from each player for the eighteen hole tournament.
Both the East and West courses will be played on during the Tournament. Team handicaps will be calculated by taking 10% of the combined handicaps of players on your team. Course of play is assigned by I.U.P.A. and course officials.
Longboat Key Country Club
The Harbourside at Longboat Key Club is an award-winning Sarasota golf course that boasts a challenging 27-hole layout with a refreshing Gulf of Mexico breeze.
The Harbourside course presents a challenging 27-hole layout with three nine-hole courses designed by notable architect Willard Byrd. Bordering Sarasota Bay, this award-winning Sarasota golf course plays through stands of oak, sabal palm, fiddle-leaf palm, Washingtonian palm, fig, palmetto and southern pine. The tree-lined fairways and swirling winds put a premium on shot-making and course strategy, while prevailing breezes from the Gulf of Mexico keep Harbourside a refreshing challenge year round.
Red Course – 3,323 Yards
White Course – 3,426 Yards
Blue Heron (Blue Course) – 3,386 Yards
Now officially known as the “Blue Heron,” Harbourside’s Blue Course underwent a $2 million renovation in 2005 by golf course architect Ron Garl. During this extensive transformation, the putting surfaces were upgraded to USGA specs, and the course saw the addition of new bunkers and chipping areas along with the revamped 580-yard par-5 fifth to create a beautiful peninsula green.
– Men will play from the GOLD tee markers.
– Senior Men (65+) will play the BLUE tee markers.
– Women will play from the RED tee markers.
– Senior women (60+) will play from the WHITE tee markers.
– May be used at any time during play except for Hole-In-One / Special Contests
– Will be broken by using the U.S.G.A. recommended
tie-breaking system. (Best back 9, best last 6 on back,
best last 3 on back, best front, etc.)
– U.S.G.A. Rules apply except as modified by local rules and the format.
– Drop areas ARE in effect for this competition. WEST 1, 5, 7, 9, 17 EAST 5, 6, 12)
– Please keep pace with the group in front of you- Please repair ball marks, fill divots with sand rake bunkers. Thank You![/vc_column_text]